All donated antique vehicles support the Auto Restoration Program designed to expose special education students to auto restoration. Because of the wide variety of interests of our students, we look to have a variety of vehicles from early cars from our 1914 Ford to muscle cars to our 1978 Corvette. All donated vehicles give opportunity for hands-on experience as students learn basic care and detailing, repair, and restoration. Occasionally, because of its uniqueness, a donated vehicle may become a permanent part of the program. When students have completed the work on a vehicle, it may be sold and 100% of the proceeds from the sale go directly to support the Auto Restoration Program. Klingberg Family Centers is a 501c3 organization so all vehicle donations are tax deductible to the donor.
Bottom line for you as a donor:
- You will be helping special education students by providing a vehicle for them to work and learn on in the program.
- Ultimately, if the vehicle is sold, it provides funds for the program.
- You benefit by being able to reduce your taxable income from receiving a deduction for your donation.
- You are able to avoid the hassle and costs associated with selling your car.
- All you need to provide is the title to the vehicle. When possible we will work with local towing companies or Klingberg volunteers to pick up your vehicle.
For more information or to donate your vehicle, contact Mark Johnson,Vice President: firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-832-5526.
Some of the vehicles donated to the Klingberg Auto Restoration Program:
- 1955 Oldsmobile Star Chief
- 1928 Ford Street Rod
- 1927 Marmon Little 8
- 1934 Hupmobile Model J
- 1978 Corvette Pace Car
- 1982 Suzukimatic Motorcycle
- 1960 Ford Tractor